Thursday, November 13, 2008

I cried today. It was at my women's bible study small group. We first meet in a large group and watch a DVD of Beth Moore and then break off into our small groups. This study is about God's unmeasurable love. I told the group that I will be going through a valley soon. I told them about Hepatitis C and there is a brutal treatment that I must undergo. Paige, the small group leader, prayed for me right then and there. Others prayed after her. It was so wonderful. At times like these, I wish I wore waterproof mascara.

From Psalm 103:

1 Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.

2 Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-

3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,

4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,

5 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's

God will get me through this and I remember Romans 8:28 at this time which says:

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

2 comments:

Experiences of a Homemaker said...

Isn't God amazing? I find such peace in turning to Scripture when my life has been turned upside down. He is such a constant in our lives, understands all of our fears, and loves us more than we could ever imagine. I am so thankful to know Him, so thankful Jesus died for us.

suburban mom said...

Yes, God is.