Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wow!

I received an email recently from a lady in the Boston area. There is an online community for Health Activists called WEGOHealth. Anyway, I was contacted by them regarding this blog. She said my blog was listed on their site by a blogger as one of the Hepatitis blogs to read. I was invited to be part of an advisory board in Boston in September, but I can't make it. I'm so honored and humbled. I just hope I can keep the blog going! I'm feeling so great now that I'm really a broken record at this point. The one new thing is our support group is moving to the first Tuesday of the month and will be meeting at 7 pm. I still plan to go to support R who will be retreating in the next few months. And of course, we hope more will join us.

Thank you, everyone, for encouraging me to encourage others!!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, im new to this i just found out i have hep c, and to top it off im pregnant... im wondering if you can help me find some info about my situation, since im finding there is not alot of info on the internet.

suburban mom said...

Hi,
First of all, let me say, take a breath. The chances of your baby getting Hep C from you are pretty low. I think around 5 %. You cannot treat HCV while you're pregnant and one cannot get pregnant at least 6 months after finishing the treatment due to residual effects of the medicines. How did you find out? Does your OB doctor routinely check for HCV? Do you know your genotype yet? One site you may want to check is the Centers for Disease control. CDC.gov. There is useful info there. Also, Hep C Nomads (there is a link on my blog) is great for info and support. They are out of Great Britain.

Good luck with everything.

Fiona said...

I have chronic hepatitis. And a blog at http://fiona-onwardsandupwards.blogspot.com/
How can I find other bloggers with hepatitis? Thanks

suburban mom said...

Fiona-check some of the links on the right of my blog. The Hep C Nomads is very helpful and full of encouragement.