Saturday, January 31, 2009

Started Treatment

Yesterday, I had an appointment with my doctor. There were five of us. One guy is into his 28th week and the rest of us were just starting. We saw a presentation and then went to private exam rooms to meet with a nurse to get our shot. Then we visited with the doctor privately. I think it is a good idea because there might be a chance to have a support group out of it. I'm such an extrovert and to be able to talk about stuff in person with people going through the same thing seems like it would work for me.

I did have a side effect last night. I got the shot around 3:30 pm and by 9:30 pm I broke out into the chills. It was like I couldn't move because I got so cold. I was shaking and didn't want to move! I was able to sleep and next week, I think I'll give the shot around 8 pm.

Fingers crossed that the next few days will be OK.

1 comment:

My Other Blog said...

Most people get the side effect you describe, after their first shot. Are you on Pegasys or the Pen? Pen people get it more often than Peg people. For some people, the first shot is the worst.
I've sent you my phone number via PM on the Nomads.
You'll do fine, just think of things 'one day at a time.'
Take care