Thursday, July 16, 2009

Just four more...

Ribavirin pills to take and I will be finished with the 24 week treatment for Hepatitis C (genotype 3a). Unbelievable. I had my blood draw yesterday to check the viral load. I hope I'm still undetectable and that will mean in 6 months we'll check the viral load again. If the viral load is still undetectable, then I'm finished with this chapter in my life. I'll still try to keep the local support group going and still post on the Nomads site, but I will be able to resume normal activities again. I really, really, really want to start running again and I can't wait to enjoy a nice glass of wine with my meals again.

Some good that has come out of this as far as my diet goes: I managed to cut down on my caffeine intake. I know that has to be good for me. And like I've mentioned before the fact that I felt so much better on Paxil means that I probably need it.

I probably won't get to post for a couple of days. I'm taking my kids to upstate NY where my husband has been working this week. Dreading the drive because I'm tired. I'll make it, though.

2 comments:

My Other Blog said...

No vino until you pass your 6-month post-treatment PCR!!! Congragulations!
MYS/Hope

Living Dees Life said...

i'm so happy for you!!