Friday, January 15, 2010

Today the GI clinic had another group meeting where patients who are about to start treatment get together and go over side effects, information, etc. A nurse with Roche gave a presentation and showed them how to give a shot. I got to go this time and be there to answer any questions and talk about my experience. There were three patients: an older guy and two young women. The young women are both moms and are probably in their mid-20s. They are from the same town and know each other. I offered my phone number and email to them in case they have more questions. I also gave my info to the older guy. I hope they take me up on it, but if they don't, it's OK too! I'm determined to help people out who are going through this anxiety-ridden time. The support group still has just 3 people, but Rome wasn't built in a day, either.

1 comment:

PSPam said...

Hi there. So glad to hear you are continuing to educate and advocate for hepatitis C. Rome wasn't built in a day and 3 IS a group. Two can be a group too so keep up the good work. I take it you treated and cleared? YEA! Not sure where you are located but I hope you are able to spread the word about your Support Group. I have several online Yahoo groups I would be glad to post the information too. You never know where others live. Take care and THANK YOU!

Peace
Pam