Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The waiting is the hardest part...

I got my blood drawn yesterday to find out if I achieved the sustained viral response (SVR). Now, it will be a couple of days of waiting. I can't believe it. If I have SVR, it means this is behind me and I am "cured." Amazing.

All the signs point to SVR. I was an early responder (undetectable at 4 weeks), I'm genotype 3a, young, female, otherwise healthy. My doctor hasn't doubted all along that I would achieve it. So, I'm crossing my fingers and hope he's right.

I met with R and S last night for the January support group meeting. S took her last pills on Sunday. R gets his blood drawn later on this month to find out if he has SVR. It's been good for us to have this support and we hope more will join us some day.


That's all for now. I'll post when I find out the results.

1 comment:

Living Dees Life said...

yay! what a great way to start off the new year and a whole new decade <3