Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I met with the support group tonight. We all seem to be doing OK. R will probably wait until the new drugs come out to treat again. S is feeling great and still enjoying her SVR status. I'm a little stressed right now with the closing of our property and my mother-in-law going into a nursing home on the same day. I still feel like going through the Hep C stuff made me look at all of life's ups and downs differently. It's all fluid--what's good today can be bad tomorrow. Life changes with a phone call some days. It's keeping it all in perspective that is the hard, however important, part.

Tonight we were going to drive 45 min to another town to meet with a new guy. He canceled this afternoon so we met at the regular place. At least he called. I think the doctor was twisting his arm to meet with us. I met him on Friday when the clinic started a new group of Hep C patients. I agree with the doctor, he could use some company. Oh well. We are here if he wants some help but we can't help people if they don't want it.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Kelly, It's great for us beginning the Hep C journey to have someone like you to share your story and experiences...thank you for that.

I hope that your stress subsides and is managable.

Thanks for the help that you've given me and hope that you're enjoying the end of the summer on your side of the country :)

suburban mom said...

Jen-you're welcome. What a waste it would have been for me to go through all the Hep C stuff if I didn't help someone.

Good luck with everything!