Saturday, February 7, 2009

2nd Shot

Last night, we went out to dinner. I had to drive the baby sitter home so just before I took her home, I gave myself the 2nd shot. I did a better job this time than last week. It didn't hurt! It was around 9 pm. After I got back, I took two Tylenol and went to bed around 11pm. I slept through the night! If I got the chills like last week, I slept right through them!!! Yay!

About the shot last week. I had lost my touch on giving shots! I had to take insulin with my 2nd pregnancy and they didn't hurt. I also had to take heparin shots post partum with both pregnancies. But, last week I stuck that needle into my spare tire around my waist (arrgggh) and "Ouch!" I remember thinking "Dang, that hurt!" So last night I was quicker on the entry and had a steady hand while pushing in the dose. Much better.

So, that's the update. I was looking forward to the shot to see what it would do. It was uneventful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your good luck continues. Remember to 'pinch an inch' with the hand not doing the shot - and do the shot there.
All the best to you,
MYS