Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday

Today, I slept in a bit and we skipped church. I had friends over last night for dinner and was tired this morning. I've noticed that if I over do it on one day, I'm really tired the next morning. I think that's the worst part with the fatigue. I just can't get out of bed when I need to. I stay an extra hour sometimes! I just can't make myself go to bed at 9 pm!

I've noticed I have a lot of energy on Saturday after my shot on Friday night. Is that normal? I'm one of the lucky ones and I'm not sick at all! It is so great. I've had so much anxiety about all of this. For a while, it was almost paralyzing. I couldn't focus on anything else. I thought I was going to be puking and in the bathroom all the time. And I really worried about my husband and if he was going to be able to handle taking care of me and the kids. Anxiety is an awful feeling. I've never felt it until all this hepatitis c stuff came up. Oh sure, I was uptight, but not anxious. I wonder if I'll stay on the Paxil after I'm off the interferon. It wouldn't bother me to stay on it because, frankly, I haven't felt this good in a long time.

I do have some good news. I'm going to Paris in September. My sister and her husband are going for 10 days and I get to go for about 5 to 6 days of it. They rented an apartment near Notre Dame that has 1 bedroom and a sleeper sofa. I get to go without kids and husband! Pete's family have been to Paris so many times that they're not like regular tourists. I'm looking forward to being a tourist. Look out Champs-Elysees, Eiffel Tower, and all the wonderful museums! Gosh, I may just have to wear my white tennis shoes to celebrate! Ha ha. My sister will be the loud talker! Which brings me to a time when I visited her when she was living in Northern Italy. I rode a passenger train to Venice with her. It was my first time on a train. Anyway, all the Italians were dressed so beautifully (men and women alike), and my sister and I had on our identical bright red Woolrich coats that our mom had bought for us at Sam's. Yeah, we stuck out like sore thumbs (or Americans).

I'm so blessed to have a sister like her.


1 comment:

Living Dees Life said...

ooooooh! Paris. The only Paris I've ever been to is in our homestate!

Eventually I want to travel to Europe but that will definatly be far into the future.