Friday, February 13, 2009

How to give yourself a shot of Pegasys


Tonight, I thought I would show you how to give yourself a shot. It's really easy and something anyone can do. Always wash your hands first.

Pictured here are the syringe, the needle, and alcohol pad.











I am holding the needle in my left and the syringe in my right.












I am putting the needle onto the syringe. Just give it a twist and push down a bit.













Next, open the alcohol pad and wipe a little area on your skin. The best places are the "love handles" around your waist, the thighs, and the back of the arms in the triceps area (this location requires a second person).





Then, you need to pinch some skin together (Pinch an inch) and just put the needle in deliberately. Almost give it a stab, if you will.



Then slowly, but steadily, push the dose in. Don't bolus it, but don't linger either. Make sure you continue to pinch your skin together. Then pull the syringe straight out.











This is a safety syringe so you don't need to recap. Just put the syringe down and the cap pops over the needle.











Dispose of the syringe and needle into the sharps container. You're done.

1 comment:

Living Dees Life said...

i don't remember the name of the treatments i helped give my friend with Lupus but it was quite humbling giving a friend shots because she shook too much to give herself one and easier for me to do it at home and take care of her than to drive to the hospital every other day.

i do know, that i could never give myself a shot.

and the REALLY creepy thing right now is the key word on this moderation is syringe!!