Saturday, March 28, 2009

9th shot

Took my 9th shot last night. I am over a third on my way to being finished. I can't believe how lucky I am compared to some that have to do this for 48 months or 72 months. I won the lottery when it comes to having Hepatitis C. (Just trying to see the silver lining in this cloud of life).

With the exception of my 4 year old waking me up a couple of times last night, I slept fairly well. And I wake up feeling the best I do all week. I don't understand it. I wonder if my body gets to
rest in making interferon after the shot and that's why I feel good the next day? There has to be some literature on this phenomenon. I tend to feel bad on Sunday. We have a busy day tomorrow and I'm hoping that tomorrow is nothing like the last few Sundays. I really want to go to church tomorrow (of course, I might wake up and want to find a hole and climb in it) and then we are going to a neighbor's Eagle Scout ceremony. The 6 year old has a birthday party and our baby sitter will have to drop her off there. To top it off, the husband wants to have people over for dinner. I'm getting tired just thinking about tomorrow.

It seems like the itchy skin is getting better. My scalp isn't as dry, either. The metallic taste seems worse, however. I eat just so I don't taste the weird taste. No wonder, I'm not losing weight. It seems like a lot of people lose weight on this treatment. I'll have to slow down on stuffing my face when this is all through lest I become a beached whale.

That's it for now. Nothing exciting to report. And that my friends, is a good thing. :)

3 comments:

My Other Blog said...

You're moving right along! The only thing predictable about sides is that as soon as you think you know their pattern, they can change.
If I were you, and Sunday is not a good day for you, I'd skip church - God will understand - and go to the Eagle Scout ceremony.

Living Dees Life said...

sitting in chicagoland cheering you on!!

H. Heart said...

I went to Church every Sunday on tx...even on the bad days.That because it saved my sanity. And it was hanging by a thread. Many times I left the service early, too tired. My favorite part of services was hearing everyone singing hymns. It lifted me.
Eagle Scout ceremony's are a must also. The more you can push yourself to do the better. My opinion of having people over for dinner would be difficult on tx. Some on tx Like myself would like their home to be a private space away from the world. You may be different. Its great to see you are basically doing well and positive.