Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sunny Day (or how to lift one's spirits)

The weather has been spectacular today. It really helps with me mood and energy. However, I have been really tired lately. I drove to New York City with the kids and walking around the city wore me out. I'm sure there's no way of knowing, but I wish I knew if this is as tired as I will get. Also, is my energy going to come back before treatment is finished or does it come back only after treatment is completed?

The fatigue is probably the most annoying part of this. Oh, and the itching. Arghh! I do wish food tasted normal. I have a metallic taste in my mouth most of the time. Anyway, I might go to New Zealand in May, and if I could know for sure that I won't be more tired than this right now, I would go for sure. I am almost for sure about it anyway. I've always wanted to go and with my husband's way being paid for, it's almost too good to pass up. Plus, we have friends there and we would stay with them.

I guess that's it for now. I'm still hanging in there. This Friday will be my 8th shot! Only 16 to go after that. Time flies when you're having.....fun. Yeah, right.

2 comments:

ChildoftheKing said...

Hi Suburban Mom...

Well, I stumbled across your blog at work today (feeling tired and looking for online sympathy!), and our stories are so similar in many ways, I just had to leave a comment!

* I have HCV too
* I am genotype 3a too
* I am a health care worker too
* I am a believer in Jesus too
* I am on Interferon and Ribaviron too
* My virus has been undetectable since week 4 too

I am further along in treatment than you. I just completed my 19th week.

I can relate to the itchy!!!!
I am so very very tired.

I have lots more to say... but this is getting too long already!

"The eternal God is our refuge and underneath are the everlasting arms" - Hang in there Suburban Mom!

suburban mom said...

Hi ChildoftheKing

I would love to hear from you again. Thanks for visiting. I can't wait to finish all this stuff. However, I feel like I want to help others dealing with it. So, I don't know that I will ever move on from it.