Saturday, April 11, 2009

11th shot and bye-bye gray hair.

My scalp was on fire. I was determined to cover the gray. Now I know why it says, "do not use if scalp is irritated." Yikes. I left the color on as long as I was allowed. And I did "wash that gray right outta my hair." I couldn't stand the texture and color of my hair any longer. I just hope it doesn't fall out over night. Especially, since tomorrow is Easter.

Last night was my 11th shot. I gave it on the right side of my waist. I'm afraid there's enough to squeeze still. I think I've been gaining weight. My sleep last night was about the same with me waking up every few hours. At one point, my husband told me to stop scratching my head. I wake myself up scratching my scalp. It's weird. This whole thing is weird. I can't wait to be done with all the pills, shots, etc.

The Nomads are meeting in London today. I wish I could have gone. There are two women from the states that are making the meeting. Lucky them. It's an on line forum for people with Hepatitis C. It's a great group with loads of support and tons of humor. I might get to meet some of them when I go to Paris in September. We'll see.


Happy Easter, everyone.

4 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Oh, dear. I can't imagine how much your scalp must have burned. I've never heard of anyone on Hep C treatment having all their hair fall out over night, but then again, I don't know of anyone on tx who used anything except 'natural' dye on their hair. Can you go out and pick up an 'Easter Bonnet' tonight, just in case?

Living Dees Life said...

i hate having gray hair. i casually mentioned redying it again and my grandpa made me swear i wouldn't. he said its beautiful. cuz its in a perfect little streak.

Auburn Kat said...

I hope you had a Happy Easter!

As soon as my hair starts to turn gray, I definitely will be coloring it!!!

pixie said...

Hi Kells,I know you will be meeting some Nomads in September..LOl...TRy and keep us away....PXX