Monday, April 20, 2009

One day at a time...

I had my blood drawn today. It was for the 12 week viral load. I think this is a "biggie." I was undetectable at 4 weeks, but it can always rebound. I'm hoping I'm still undetectable. I might find out Friday. I have an appointment with the doctor and he is starting a second hep c group that day.

My mood is better today. Gosh, I can see how treatment is hard on a marriage. One feels hopeless and helpless because of the medicine and the other gets frustrated. And resentment can set in. Sometimes, I find myself thinking,"If we didn't have kids, I would be so outta here."

So, I have to hang on. I know that I will get through this and be stronger from it. I know that God loves me and He is my fortress and strength. It's at times like these that I call on some scripture to help me remember that I am not on my own.

Isaiah 40:31 (New International Version)

31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

1 comment:

Living Dees Life said...

ack, yes. the one who suffers because of the illness and the one who suffers because they love the person with the illness.

i see the helplessness every day that i look into my baby's eyes and there is nothing he can do to ease my pain.

that is a pretty scripture.